“This is the one true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy…
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can…
I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no ‘brief candle’ to me. It is a sort of splendid torch, which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.”
One True Joy in Life
~ George Bernard Shaw
“A Conversation for Being”
1. “A Life Well Lived” summarizes our creed.
2. Life is more meaningful when it is lived boldly and generously. William H. Danforth says it well; “Aspire nobly, adventure daringly, and serve humbly.”
3. Living the life you really want to live tends to lead you to your most likely life path. You get the privilege of choosing it for yourself.
4. When you find your purpose in life you no longer have to work. You play all the time.
5. Making a choice and surrendering to your choice is Freedom. Learn to trust yourself.
6. When you choose what you have, you have what you choose.
7. The grass is not always greener than the choice you made. When you truly choose, there IS no other grass. Anything else is merely a decision between limits.
8. Anything is possible if there is a context for it. The most fertile context is one that is empty. You empty the context by shedding the conditioning and residue from history. Setting the context, people can perform at superhuman levels.
9. Time cannot be managed; it is immutable. Time cannot be possessed; it is intangible. It is usually not a matter of you having more time, but a matter of how you are “being in time” and how you use the time you think you have.
10. Life in balance is ideal. It is a good idea to make your personal life professional; but it’s not a good idea to make your professional life personal.
11. Health is a balance of the mind, body, and spirit and allowing the “vital life force” to freely flow through you and around you. Your emotional experience flows where the balance goes.
12. Everything vibrates, including thoughts. Thought vibrations create the context or ambiance in which content thrives or dies. Thoughts are the garden in which your life grows.
13. Our collective thoughts create a collective consciousness, which create the vibrational field out of which the world evolves. It matters that you think, but it matters more what you think. The world depends on it.
14. The whole world is one big family, and you have a place at the table already. You matter, not by entitlement, but by who you are and what you contribute.
15. Teach what you learn. And learn what you teach. Live what you teach and walk what you talk. A full circle is to be whole, perfect, and complete.
16. Life is a circle. We are returning to the beginning, back to source. The source of all things is God.
17. God is in everything, including you, it, and me. We are gods in the image of God. But glory is to be to God and not to ourselves.
18. The life path you take to circle back to your beginning is your journey back home to your higher self, God in you. From there you can cause the miraculous.
19. Life is like a precious treasure that exists only in the moment. Live life every moment to its fullest. Live with no regrets.
20. Do it the best you can – in everything you do, no matter what, no matter how ordinary. That’s not only a model for leadership; it is a testament to Godliness.
21. Lead from the heart. Leadership is not what you do and how you do it; it’s where you are coming from and why.
22. Freedom is being responsible for your own experience– your victories, defeats, joys, and even your suffering. Taking the attitude of “I am responsible,” whether you are or not, gives you freedom and power.
23. You become a victim when someone has your power or has power over you. When you take a victim attitude you further enslave yourself and give up your power.
24. Show appreciation for what others do for you. Just the act of doing so makes life richer and fuller.
25. Remember those who help you on your journey, for they are not obligated.
26. Give back – Pay it forward. Leave good tracks. Give to your community and it will give back to you.
27. Receive loudly/give quietly. Edify those who are your seniors.
28. Be grateful for all the little things in life. For it is a miracle of grace that you are here anyway.
29. Do not burn bridges behind you unless you plan on walking on water when you return. In either case, be considerate of those who have to walk after you.
30. Care and love are the basis of life. Care is what holds it, and love reveals it.
31. Do not worry about treating people as you would treat yourself, especially if you treat yourself badly. If you just treat them right, all should be OK.
32. Love is miraculous. Do not love people as your brother or sister. Love them as yourself. Loving with no limits is the space out of which we will create heaven on earth.
Love God, Love People, Watch Him work.